Sophie the Giraffe was conceived by Monsieur Rampeau, who was an expert in transforming sap from the Hevea tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept. He came up with the idea of designing a toy giraffe, sensing that such an exotic wildlife figure would be the first in the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for the baby's hands to grasp and fit the baby's small mouth.
Sophie is still traditionally produced today, by Vulli, which is based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie Region of France. She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree. The process of creating her involves more than 14 manual operations and is still a secret, jealously guarded by the company.
• Natural Rubber is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to bite & chew.
• Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with NO Vinyl (no-PVC)!
• Complies with US Safety regulations ASTM F963
• Decorated with non-toxic, food-quality paints.
• Lightweight; well-thought design makes it easy to grasp with their tiny hands.
• Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colors & gentle squeak.
• Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
• Sophie makes a soft squeak when squeezed - such fun for a baby!
• Slender, flexible & soft - babies love manipulating & chewing on Sophie.
• Hand-made in Rumilly in the French Alps, Sophie the Giraffe is a classic!
• Height: 15cm
• Age: 0-3 months and up